As a Jesuit and Catholic University, John Carroll University strives to foster the fullest development of its students in an atmosphere of support and concern. The Jesuit value of cura personalis, the care of each and every individual, along with the University’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service call us to promote the growth and development of the whole person.
As a graduate student, you are an essential part of the John Carroll University community. Because you are studying at an advanced level, our dedicated and expert faculty are working to ensure that all graduates of our programs will:
- Demonstrate an integrative knowledge of their discipline;
- Develop habits of critical analysis to apply to questions and issues within the field;
- Apply creative thinking to problems in the field;
- Communicate skillfully;
- Understand and promote social justice;
- Apply a framework for examining ethical dilemmas in a field;
- Employ leadership and collaborative skills.