Requirements for the minor
The EAS minor consists of 24 credits, normally eight courses, distributed as follows:
- Six courses in Chinese or Japanese language.
- Two additional EAS-approved courses in different disciplines.
- Two courses in Chinese or Japanese language, normally the introductory course sequence.
- One course that examines an aspect of East Asia as a region, normally but not always at the 100-200 level.
- Five additional EAS-approved courses in at least three different departments.