The Center for Service and Social Action (CSSA) student intern will support the detailed and logistical planning needs of the office gaining valuable experience, exposure, and project management responsibility. The student in this role will work as a valuable member of the CSSA team and duties and activities would vary depending on the needs at any given time. The person in this role needs to be highly motivated, a self-starter, and flexible in pursing tasks and projects.
Tentative Dates: mid-May through mid-August, 2020
- Assistance with the coordination of logistics for Fatima Fun Day in late June and Fatima Teen Day in mid-July.
- Planning support and coordination work related to the Community Partner Convening and the Meet CLE Project.
- Coordination and direction of the work of other students for summer orientation involvement fairs, and coordinate summer orientation service projects throughout the summer while first-year orientations take place.
- Assistance with office work including database management, filing, clerical and administrative tasks.
- Assistance with special projects as assigned, including research, data collection and preparing reports and summaries.
- Strong communication skills and ability to seek clarification when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Internship Learning Objectives:
- (Cognitive Development) To develop a working knowledge of planning and implementation processes, the importance of assignment tracking and completion.
- (General Skill Development) To gain skill in logistics, leadership and communication in written, interpersonal and presentation formats.
- (Personal Growth and Development) To build self confidence in a professional setting.
- GPA of 2.20 or higher.
- Academic status of sophomore or higher.
- 10 - 15 hours per week; pay rate of $8.40 per hour
Applications are due by Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM!
Look for this position on Handshake!