Complete the Reply to Offer of Admission Form and submit a deposit of $300 to confirm your child's place in the Class of 2024 or the fall 2020 transfer class.
You can do this in one of the following ways:
- Online with payment by credit card. Your child will need to log in to their JCU Gateway account to electronically accept their offer of admission. Then you will be able to pay the $300 deposit online.
- By mail with payment by check. Download a pdf of the Reply to Offer of Admission Form. Deposits sent by mail must be postmarked on or before Monday, June 1, 2020 for first-year students and on or before Friday, August 21, 2020 for transfer students.*
*We strongly recommend you submit your deposit online to prevent a processing delay. On-campus office operations have been reduced due to COVID-19 and it may take up to 10 days for your check to be processed.
The enrollment deposit is $300* for all incoming students. For on-campus residents, $100 of this deposit serves as an advance payment on the first semester bill. The other $200 will be placed as a housing security deposit. For commuter students, the entire $300 deposit serves as an advance payment on your first semester bill.
*An enrollment deposit represents your child's intent to enroll at John Carroll for the fall semester. We expect that a student who has a deposit on account at John Carroll will attend. When students cancel their deposits, this may prevent other eligible students from choosing JCU and will impact our planning for the new semester courses and housing. As a result, the $300 deposit is not refundable after June 1 for first-year students. No exceptions are made to this rule. Although we are not able to grant extensions to these deadlines, we will accept enrollment deposits from admitted students after these dates on a space available basis.
The following represents a timeline of some important dates and steps to take in the enrollment process:
- December 1 – Priority FAFSA deadline
- Apply for financial aid, free of charge, at www.fafsa.gov
- December 1 – Mission-Based Scholarship application due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern for first-year students. Programs: Arrupe Scholars, Leadership Scholars, Honors Program, and Social Innovation Fellows.
- Early February – Financial aid award notification begins
- March 2 – Housing application opens and Student Health Form application opens
- March 2 – Orientation registration opens
- March 28 – Admitted Student Celebration
- June 1 – Reply to Offer of Admission Forms due (postmarked)
- Summer 2020 – Attend a New Student Orientation or Transfer Registration Day
- August 26 – First-year students move in to their residence halls; Streak Week fall orientation begins
- August 31 – Fall classes begin
Connect with other parents of admitted students in JCU’s Class of 2024 Parent Facebook group: go.jcu.edu/2024parentsfb
This is a space where parents of admitted students can connect, ask questions, and meet other prospective Blue Streak parents To join, just visit the link above and request to join the group. Once approved, you will receive a Facebook notification letting you know you are able to post and comment in the group.
Student Enrollment and Financial Services
College Credit Policies
Making the Transition
Living On Campus
- Five-Year Academic Calendar (through 2024)
- Undergraduate Bulletin (2019-2020)
- Academic Advising
- Student Accessibility Services
- Center for Career Services
- Center for Global Education
- Information Technology Services
- JCU Bookstore
- Student Engagement
- Student Diversity & Inclusion
- Athletics & Recreation
- Campus Ministry
- Center for Service & Social Action
- Dean of Students
Health & Safety