I commit to...
- Monitor myself for the symptoms of COVID-19 through the daily symptom assessment (by downloading and utilizing the #Campus Clear app on my phone), and follow the prompts on the app for seeking medical attention, if necessary.
- Wash my hands often with soap and water frequently and for 20 seconds. If hand washing is not possible, I will use hand sanitizer when it is available.
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing from others (6 feet) both indoors and outdoors.
- Wear a face covering inside all buildings (except when alone in my own residence hall room), as well as outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Refrain from attending and hosting large gatherings on or off campus where masks are not required and social and physical distancing are not maintained, or that exceed state or local requirements or guidance (i.e., currently no more than 10 persons who do not reside in the same residence).
- Refrain from inviting any non-JCU-affiliated visitors to campus.
- Stay home if I feel ill (including fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, change of taste and/or smell, or other COVID-19 symptoms).
- Follow directives for 1) self-quarantining for a designated time period if directly exposed (close contact for a sustained period of time, approximately 10 or more minutes) to an individual who has tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19, 2) complying with applicable travel restrictions that require self-quarantining, and 3) self-isolating for a designated time period if I have tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Report to the Student Health Center if I test positive for or been diagnosed with COVID-19, or if I have been directly exposed to anyone with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
PROTECT THE JOHN CARROLL COMMUNITY
- Greet and celebrate others without physical contact (e.g., hugging, shaking hands).
- Respect personal space and practice the six-foot physical distancing.
- Participate in testing and contact tracing as needed or requested, to preserve the wellness of the community.
- Keep my clothing, belongings, personal spaces and shared common spaces clean.
- Carefully observe instructional signs and follow directions on disease prevention measures.
- Leave campus and return to my home or permanent residence away from campus within 24 hours when directed by the University for health and safety reasons.
- Serve as a role model to my friends and other JCU students by following all JCU policies and encouraging others to do so as well.
Updates to this Student Commitment will be communicated to all JCU students, who will be expected to follow the updated Commitment.
I understand that the University may take appropriate action to enforce the requirements set forth in this Commitment, any COVID-19 or infectious disease policies, and the Community Standards including the Student Code of Conduct. Behaviors that violate these expectations and policies may result in a forfeiture of campus access, removal from university housing, in addition to disciplinary measures, up to possible dismissal from the university.