The following are the steps to enter a work order:
Note: The vast majority of the John Carroll University population will use the link or icon: “Enter a Work Order on www.myschoolbuilding.com” to create a work order. The schooldude.com link and icon is ONLY for authorized Facilities Department administrators of the system.
- Go to http://www.myschoolbuilding.com by either typing the web address into your browser or by selecting the link/ icon at the top of this page.
- If you are a first time Reqester to enter a W.O., you will be prompted to create your own individual and private password to access Schooldude.
- Entering the John Carroll University account at Schooldude:
- If using the link at top, you will be directed to a “Welcome Page.”
- If you are a repeat customer and at your own computer, the fields will be pre-populated with your information. You will need to answer YES to the verification question.
- If you are a new Requester (never entering a work order before) or if you are NOT at your own computer, you will be prompted to enter identification information (i.e. first and last name, e-mail address, and phone number). Then you will need to answer YES to the verification question.
- If you have entered the site by typing the address into your browser and are a new Requester, you may have to have the JCU organization number to enter the site. You will then need to contact the Facilities Department to obtain the JCU organization number (which is NOT related to your department organization code in the Banner system).
- Once on the request page, complete the required information requested in Step 2: Location and Area/Room Number.
- Select your Problem Type in Step 3 that best describes the issue from the available icons. Once you click on the Problem Type, the page will refresh and your problem type will be highlighted with a red circle.
- Follow instructions if the W.O. is an emergency that can not wait until the normal course of business.
- Describe your Problem or Request in Step 4. Providing clear and concise information will help in expediting the work order. Work orders are automatically routed in the system by the Location and the Problem Type. The “Problem Type” is the TOPIC or nature of the work. The description notifies the assigned Technician more specifically of the issue. Step 5 provides a drop down box to select the W.O. Purpose.
- For Step 6 follow the instructions for Attachment if you want to include a picture or diagram with the W.O.
- Enter your Submittal Password in Step 7. The password will be the same for all Requesters within the JCU community. Please contact your department secretary, your AC or RA, the Office of Residence Life, or the Facilities Department if you are not sure of the current password. Click the “Submit” button to save and send your request.
- After submitting a work order, an automatic e-mail will be sent to you to notify you that the work order has been submitted. You will be automatically notified EVERY TIME there is a change in the status of the work order, including when the work order has been completed. You may also receive an e-mail from a Technician working on the work order if there are questions or comments.
- W.O.’s submitted by Students will be directed to the appropriate AC (Area Coordinator) for review and attention.