Nominations for the 2021 Nonprofit Leader of Tomorrow Award are open!
The Nonprofit Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes a student in the Nonprofit Administration Program who exemplifies academic excellence, leadership, and service to the community.
Application Process for 2021: Students can self-nominate or be nominated for the award by a member of the faculty, administration, or the Nonprofit Administration Program student body. All nominations are due by March 12th, 2021. To nominate a student, the nominator should send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Nomination for [Name of Student]”. In the body of the email, provide the contact information for the nominee along with a brief statement on why they should be selected for the award. Once all nominations have been received, the nominees will be invited to submit the application materials by March 31st, 2021.
Criteria: To be eligible for the award, students must have 24 or more credit hours in the program by the end of spring semester, at least a 3.4 GPA and exemplify excellence, leadership, and service.
Application Materials: Students must submit the following materials in order to be considered for the award:
- A brief online application
- An unofficial graduate transcript with a minimum GPA of 3.4
- 2-3 letters of recommendation that provide relevant information on the student’s academic achievements, leadership, and service experience
- A 500-word essay that shows how the student’s education, leadership, and service has helped to shape them into a “nonprofit leader of tomorrow”
- A current resume detailing professional and volunteer experience
The Selection Process: The Selection Committee is comprised of the Deans of each college, the Community Advisory Committee, and the Faculty Advisory Committee. The recipient will be notified in April, and the decision will be announced through the program’s various media outlets (classes, website, etc.).
If you have any questions regarding the award, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.397.1568.