The John Carroll Immersion Experience Program is grounded in five values:
- Education – examining economic, historic, and socio-political issues that affect people and the environment globally.
- Simple Living – realizing "we can live simply so others may simply live." Every purchase we make can effect the marginalized of our world, from our fruits and vegetables, to our coffee and clothing. We learn how to reduce our waste and lighten our environmental impact while working to respect the dignity of workers locally and all over the world through supporting business that uphold ethical working standards so all in this world may flourish.
- Spirituality – exploring the role of faith and spirituality in service and social action.
- Social Justice – engaging in social justice and social action efforts with the goal of eliminating injustice for all.
- Community – building sustainable relationships with people, communities, institutions, and the environment.