The award is a scholarship up to $5,000 annually at John Carroll University, renewable for four years.
Students who are awarded a Leadership Scholarship are able to combine the financial award with other University Scholarships.
- Admission to John Carroll University.
- Minimum 2.8 high school GPA.
- Interest in and a commitment to further developing your leadership skills, as demonstrated in your responses to the application essay questions.
The process is very competitive. In recent past years, over 400 students have applied for the 30-35 spots in the program each year.
Meet the program requirements and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
Yes. The program requires students to complete 21 hours of leadership-related coursework, which includes completing the Leadership Development minor. It is important to note that 12-15 of these credits also fulfill requirements in the John Carroll integrated core curriculum.
Of course! Involvement on campus and leadership often go hand-in-hand. The Director of the Leadership Scholars Program will help you to figure out a good way to balance your schedule and assert your leadership in a positive way.
- If your question relates to eligibility or the application/selection process, please contact Zachary Rhodes, director of enrollment, at email@example.com.
- If your question relates to the program’s mission, requirements, or coursework, please contact Dr. Kyle O’Dell, Director of the Leadership Scholars Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.