Click here to view the most recent Move-in Sign-up Information email communicated with students on 8.24.2020
RESIDENCE LIFE: MOVE-IN SIGN-UP UPDATES AS OF 7/28/20 AT 3:00 PM
July 28, 2020
Good afternoon, residential students,
We are writing today to share final plans for the move-in process. This email contains a lot of information, so we ask you to read it carefully and in its entirety.
Move-in will be a staggered and scheduled process between Sunday, August 23, 2020 and Sunday, August 30, 2020.
First Year Students: In order to support your transition to campus and participation in Streak Week events, the following move-in options are available to you:
- Local Ohio first-year residential students will be able to schedule a drop-off time on Sunday, August 23rd or Monday, August 24th. You will not be permitted to stay in your room after your drop-off time ends. You will be able to return to your room after Noon on Friday, August 28th (you do not need to schedule a specific time to return on Friday).
- For all other first students, First Year Move-In will take place Wednesday, August 26th, Thursday, August 27th, and Friday, August 28th.
Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Residential Students
- Sophomore, junior, and senior residential students will be able to select a move-in time between Sunday, August 23, 2020 and Sunday, August 30, 2020.
- If you live in a residence hall where first year students are also residing, move-in times may be limited on the days designated for first-year move-in.
For all Students:
- You will be required to sign up for a two-hour move-in time (or drop-off time for designated first year students). Instructions for signing up for your move-in time are included at the end of this email.
- The move-in times that are available are 8am-10am; 10am-12pm; 12pm-2pm; 2pm-4pm; 4pm-6pm; 6pm-8pm daily.
- As you plan for your move-in, we ask that you consult with those who will be assisting you before scheduling. Once you select a move-in date and time, you will not be able to change the date or the time.
In order to complete the move-in process in a manner that prioritizes your health and the health of our community, the following actions will be taken:
- You may only bring up to two (2) additional individuals to assist you.
- Only 10 or 12 (based on residence hall) students will be able to sign up for each move-in time slot per building.
- You and anyone assisting you will be required to wear a mask (or other face covering) when you are in any public area in the residence halls, moving between your room and your vehicle, or when you are not alone in your residence hall room.
- If you or anyone assisting you is sick or experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19, you are not permitted to come to campus for move-in.
- It is expected that you and those helping you will follow all social distancing expectations, including maintaining a distance of six feet. This means you should not sign up to move in at the same time as your roommate (s) or suitemate (s) .
- The University will not be providing any common use moving bins or dollies, so please plan to bring any needed moving materials.
- We ask that you and those assisting you wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer stations are available in multiple locations throughout each residence hall.
- Those assisting are asked to leave the residence hall at the end of your 2-hour move-in period. If those assisting you return to campus with additional items after the 2-hour period has ended, we ask that you meet them outside your residence hall.
In addition to the above listed actions, the following will be in place for the move-in process:
- You will be required to enter and exit campus through the Belvoir gate.
- Once on campus, you will be directed to a check-in tent in the Belvoir parking lot.
- You will be required to show your JCU ID or another form of identification in order to receive your room key.
- After you receive your key, you will be directed to your residence hall to unload your items. Once you have unloaded, you are asked to move all vehicles to the Dolan Science Center parking lots.
- When you interact with a staff member during the check-in process, you will remain in your car and be required to wear a mask.
So you are able to plan with those assisting you, you will be able to begin signing up for a move-in time at 9am TOMORROW, Wednesday, July 29, 2020. Instructions for signing up for a move-in date and time:
- To sign up for a move-in time
- Log-in to your Housing Portal
- Scroll down to the “Room Assignments” tab
- Underneath your fall room assignment, you should see a “[HALL] CHECK-IN” (i.e. if you live in Dolan Hall, “DOLAN HALL CHECK-IN”; if you live in Murphy Hall, “MURPHY HALL CHECK-IN”; etc.)
- Read the move-in instructions completely
- In the drop-down menu, select a move-in time
- Click “Update My Time”
- You should see a confirmation page once complete
- You can also navigate back to the Housing Portal Homepage and should see your move-in time listed
We look forward to welcoming you to campus and thank you for your partnership as we prepare for the move-in process. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (216) 397-4408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.