Eligibility for MEDStart
To be eligible for the MEDStart Program, the student must:
- Apply to the program in the fall of the junior year of undergraduate studies. Contact the director of the Pre-Health Professions Program to apply.
- Complete a minimum of one year of general chemistry with labs, one year of organic chemistry with labs, one year of biological sciences, and one year of physics at the time of application is strongly recommended. The courses must be completed, however, by the time of matriculation.
- Have an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.7 or higher with a science GPA of 3.5 or higher at the time of application is strongly recommended.
- An ACT score of 29 or higher or an SAT score of 1900 or higher is strongly recommended.
- Go to the MEDStart web page for more information.