One of the easiest ways to support John Carroll is with a cash gift. You may ...
- Make an online gift now using the University's secure giving site to process your credit card or e-check contribution.
- Mail a check, made payable to John Carroll University to:
John Carroll University
Attn: Advancement Services
1 John Carroll Blvd.
University Heights, OH 44118
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. The impact of your gift to John Carroll University may be doubled or possibly tripled! Additionally, some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please enter your employer's name below.
CREATE SEARCH BOX SPONSORED BY HEP THAT POPULATES DETAILS FOR MATCHING GIFTS. http://www.matchinggifts.com/jcu/
A planned gift is a creative way to support John Carroll University and achieve your financial and philanthropic goals. Planned giving vehicles include bequests, charitable trusts, life insurance, and gifts from your IRA. Learn more about the ways to give.
Giving publicly traded securities is one of the easiest ways and most tax-savvy ways to support John Carroll. When you donate long-term appreciated securities, you may be able to take a charitable deduction for the stock's fair market value on the day you give it away. In addition, you might avoid paying capital gains tax. Please consult your personal tax advisor for all tax deduction questions.
- Provide written instructions to your bank or broker. Please indicate the purpose of your gift (Carroll Fund, scholarship, or other designation).
For example: Per our recent telephone conversation, I wish to make an irrevocable gift to John Carroll University to support the Carroll Fund with “x” shares of “XYZ Corporation”. Please transfer the stock to John Carroll University via DTC as follows:
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
John Carroll University
Attn: T.J. Johnson or Linda Steiner
- To avoid confusion on donated stock gifts please notify John Carroll University of the instructions you provide to your to your broker by sharing the same information with Advancement Services. We would like to know the name of the donor, either the stock being given or the approximate value of the stock(s) being given, and the purpose of your gift.
Debbie Petraska, Gift Accounting Coordinator
- For Fedbook entries for Government & MBS Securities:
BK of NYC/MSACAT
FFC 305-108150-553 – John Carroll University
Legislation enacted in 2015 made the Charitable IRA Rollover permanent. Under the law, individuals age 70 1/2 or older can donate up to $100,000 from their IRAs directly to John Carroll University tax-free. The gift will count toward satisfying the required minimum distribution. Donors do not receive an income tax charitable deduction. The Charitable IRA Rollover allows donors to transfer money direct from their IRA to John Carroll without having to recognize the transfer as taxable-income. Donors should consult with their financial advisors about their specific situations. Learn more about charitable IRA rollover and the benefits.