- PS 299 — Research Experience in Psychology
- PS 301/L— Experimental Design and Laboratory
- PS 401 — Advanced Research Methods
- PS 497N — Individual Research Project in Neuroscience
- PS 499 — Individual Research Project in Psychology
PS 299, PS 497N and PS 499 require an Independent Study Contract to be completed.
- For fall semesters, all registration paperwork for independent studies must be completed and received by the Registrar’s Office by the Friday before the first day of classes.
- For spring semesters, all registration paperwork for independent studies must be completed and received by the Registrar’s Office by the Friday before the start of winter break.
Please review the John Carroll University Research policy here.
When you sign up for an experiment you are providing electronic consent to participate in the study. Your consent acknowledges you have read and understand the experiment description. Your participation is voluntary and you may withdraw from the study without penalty at any time. If you have any questions regarding your rights as a research participant, call the JCU Institutional Review Board Administrator at 216-397-1527. Your username is your JCU e-mail address. Click the LOST YOUR PASSWORD? button at the left to have your password sent to you by e-mail.
- In any department, at any institution, whether a course is designed for majors or non-majors – it is designed with respect to the principles of the discipline and the mission of the institution if the course is to have integrity.
- Whether you are an intended Psychology major, or are majoring in another discipline, one goal of the Introduction to Psychology course is to immerse students in the science of the discipline.
- The standards for fulfilling this five credit requirement for PS 100 and PS 101 are consistent regardless of your academic status as a major or non-major.
- Participation and library research options are required by nearly all major institutions with accredited Psychology programs, public or private, large or small.
- The research requirement and research studies are thoroughly reviewed by JCU’s Institutional Review Board.
- How to complete the 101 EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY EXPERIENCE