Please note this form is for requesting release from the 2019-2020 Housing Agreement. This form may also be used for requesting a release for the 2020-2021 Housing Agreement and for students requesting to be released from the 2-Year Residency Requirement as articulated in the Rising Sophomore Housing Process.
The housing agreement is legally binding, and you are expected to honor the terms of the agreement. This includes payment of the housing cancellation fee as outlined in the Office of Residence Life Housing Cancellation Policy for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021. When reviewing this request, it will also be taken into consideration if the two-year residency requirement applies to your request.
There is not an appeal process, as all decisions are final.
- Complete this application and present the reasons for your request in an orderly, logical fashion. Provide specific information and include detailed information. Requests submitted without information provided will not be considered. Please make sure you have signed and dated the form, or it will not be reviewed.
- RISING SOPHOMORES FOR FALL 2020-SPRING 2021 CAN REQUEST A CHANGE TO COMMUTER STATUS, WHICH CAN BE SUBMITTED FROM 2/24/2020 THROUGH 3/10/2020 AT 5:00 PM. In addition, you will be instructed to fill out and have the Commuter Verification Form notarized and signed. This must be returned to the Office of Residence Life prior to 3/10/2020 at 5:00 pm.
- Any request related to or for medical reasons will be referred to Student Accessibility Services.
- Any request related to change in financial status will require the review of your financial aid information and/or documentation of a significant financial change that was unknown or has taken place since you accepted the 2020-2021 Housing Agreement.
- Any request claiming you did not understand the agreement was binding will not be considered.
- You should consider any request as “denied” until you are notified it has been approved. Please consult the housing agreement for details regarding housing charges.
- Please note that you are not approved for release until you receive official written notification from the Office of Residence Life (this may be in the form of electronic correspondence.)