During the academic year, the Johnson Natatorium is available for open swim to JCU Recreation members during the following times unless a swim meet or reservation is taking place:
- Monday-Thursday: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 7:30 - 9:30 PM
- Friday: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 7:30 - 9:00 PM
- Saturday-Sunday: Noon - 4:00 PM
Group swim lessons are a great way for your children to get comfortable in the water while having fun at the same time. If you are looking for your child to learn the basics, or want to develop your competitive stroke and technique, this program is right for you!
Dates & Times:
More information will be available in the coming weeks as the program is further developed. For specific questions, please contact the Director of Aquatics, Mark Fino (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Johnson Natatorium Policies & Procedures
- Before entering, all patrons must identify themselves to the Recreation Desk with a current university ID or membership card.
- The lifeguards are in charge at all times – what they say is final.
- The use of emergency equipment and telephones is to be used only by the guards.
- All children under 16 shall be accompanied by an adult.
- Shower before entering.
- No horseplay (running, tag, chicken fights, etc.).
- No food or drink other than water.
- No hanging on the lane lines.
- No diving in shallow pool.
- Patrons suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not permitted to enter the pool.
- No smoking.
- Enter and exit by the main door.
- One on the diving boards at a time. High dive is to be used by diving teams only.
- Not responsible for lost articles.
- Appropriate swimwear is required for all users of the pool. The lifeguards determine what is appropriate.
- No person is permitted in the pool if the lifeguard feels the pool is unsafe.
- No person is permitted in the pool if the lifeguard feels that the person is not capable or qualified to be there.