COVID-19 Updates - All Facilities Closed Indefinitely
In response to COVID-19, and the state of Ohio's mandate, all JCU Athletics and Recreation facilities are CLOSED until further notice. There is no projected reopening date at this time.
Additionally, all events, programs, reservations, and planned gatherings are cancelled through and including at least May 15, 2020. This includes intramural sports, club sports, group fitness, personal training, swim lessons, and special reservations. Should you have any questions or inquiries during this time, please contact email@example.com.
During the academic year, the Johnson Natatorium is available for open swim to JCU Recreation members during the following times unless a swim meet or reservation is taking place:
- Monday-Thursday: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 7:30 - 9:30 PM
- Friday: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 7:30 - 9:00 PM
- Saturday-Sunday: Noon - 4:00 PM
Group swim lessons are a great way for your children to get comfortable in the water while having fun at the same time. If you are looking for your child to learn the basics, or want to develop your competitive stroke and technique, this program is right for you! Groups of 3-5 swimmers will be taught by one instructor.
- $100 per session
- Make checks payable to "John Carroll University", and bring to the JCU RecPlex desk.
Dates & Times:
- Session 1: March 23-April 2
Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday
4:30-5:00 PM or 5:00-5:30 PM
- Session 2: April 20-April 30
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
4:30-5:00 PM or 5:00-5:30 PM
- To register, please complete the following Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/ 10pfvamKViDCEKG2uM1XPHwNtJ6bKN c2FK1WVU0ocWvY/edit
- For more information, please contact Aquatics Supervisor, Maddie Dolce (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Johnson Natatorium Policies & Procedures:
- Before entering, all patrons must identify themselves to the Recreation Desk with a current university ID or membership card.
- The lifeguards are in charge at all times – what they say is final.
- The use of emergency equipment and telephones is to be used only by the guards.
- All children under 16 shall be accompanied by an adult.
- Shower before entering.
- No horseplay (running, tag, chicken fights, etc.).
- No food or drink other than water.
- No hanging on the lane lines.
- No diving in shallow pool.
- Patrons suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not permitted to enter the pool.
- No smoking.
- Enter and exit by the main door.
- One on the diving boards at a time. High dive is to be used by diving teams only.
- Not responsible for lost articles.
- Appropriate swimwear is required for all users of the pool. The lifeguards determine what is appropriate.
- No person is permitted in the pool if the lifeguard feels the pool is unsafe.
- No person is permitted in the pool if the lifeguard feels that the person is not capable or qualified to be there.