Your Enrollment Manager
Our approach to helping you and your students is distinctive. An enrollment manager (EM) is assigned to each high school and is responsible for working with counselors, consultants, and your students through the entire college search process. He or she is the primary point of contact at John Carroll. Your enrollment manager is a member of the Committee on Admission, recommends students for merit scholarships, reviews student FAFSAs for need-based aid, and helps families with the final enrollment decision. Meet your enrollment manager.
The Application Process
In order for us to review a student’s file, all of these items must be submitted:
- Common Application with essay
- High school transcript with Common Application School Report
- ACT and/or SAT I scores
- Letter(s) of recommendation
Notes for counselors:
- There is no fee to apply to John Carroll.
- Only the Common Application essay is required. There is no supplemental essay.
- High school transcripts can be submitted through the Common Application, mailed, or faxed to 216.397.4981.
- ACT and/or SAT I scores can be sent directly from ACT (code 3282) or College Board (code 1342). We will also accept the scores if they appear on the official high school transcript.
- We superscore both the ACT and SAT I. However, we will not superscore across sittings of the old and new SAT.
- At least one letter of recommendation is required from either a teacher or counselor.
- December 1 – Early Action and Priority Scholarship deadline. All components of the application as listed above must be received by this date.
- Post December 1 – Rolling Admission
- Post February 1 – Rolling Admission on a space-available basis
- Decision letters will generally be released the third week of December for all applicants who meet the December 1 deadline. Applicants may receive an email or text message indicating their admission decision prior to receiving a letter in the mail. For those who apply significantly before December 1, we may begin notification in mid-November.
- Applications received in the month of December after the December 1 deadline will be reviewed in January. These decisions will be released beginning in mid-January.
- Rolling admission decisions are released every 7 to 10 days beginning in mid-January.
Are you interested in experiencing John Carroll’s campus? Request a visit and our office will coordinate a time for you to take a student-led tour, meet with an enrollment manager, and more.