100% of all donations to the Carroll Cares Emergency Relief Fund will enable the University to better support the mid-March move of all courses and student support online. All gifts to the Emergency Relief Fund will be used to address immediate unexpected and unbudgeted needs, such as:
Technology support, software enhancements, and licenses for online remote learning. All JCU faculty moved their courses online between March 5-11, 2020, which required:
- Purchasing new web Zoom software and expanding licenses to deliver courses online for students, as well as continuing operations of the University.
- Hiring of experts to train faculty on new technologies for online course delivery and student interaction.
- Purchasing computers or web hot spots for the highest need students - who did not have any access to laptops, computers or internet - so they could continue their studies.
- Upgrading computers or web hot spots for some faculty to deliver high-quality online course content.
Providing staff with additional resources to move Student Support 100% online by March 16, 2020, including the following programs:
- Campus Ministry
- Career Center
- Center for Service and Social Action
- Counseling Center
- Health & Wellness Center
- Library & Learning Commons
- On-Campus Food Bank
- Writing Center and Tutoring