John Carroll University recently announced the recipients of its prestigious Alumni Medal. Recipients include:
- Umberto Fedeli ’82 (Gates Mills, OH), president and CEO of The Fedeli Group;
- Holly Perzy, MD, MMM ’85 (Strongsville, OH), chair of the Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Department for the MetroHealth System;
- Michael Schmidt ’81 (Evergreen Park, IL), vice president of CP Environmental;
- Joseph Sullivan ’53 (Kirtland Hills, OH), retired, former partner of Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP;
- James ’63, Jack ’67, and Dennis ’70 Winchester (Atlanta, GA), corporate officers of The Quikrete Companies.
The JCU Alumni Association also named Caitlin Huey-Burns ’09 (New York, NY), political reporter for CBS News, as the 2020 Young Alumni Award recipient, and Doug Ennis ’93 (Chicago, IL), an area vice president for NS1, as the Rev. William M. Bichl, S.J. Alumni Volunteer Service Award recipient for his service to the JCU Alumni Association. Helen Murphy, Ph.D. ’67 (Rocky River, OH), professor of psychology, will be presented with the inaugural Rev. Casey Bukala, S.J. Distinguished Achievement Award for her impact on JCU as an alumna and member of the faculty.
“Recognizing, honoring, and celebrating our alumni is fundamental to the mission of the JCU Alumni Association and the annual Alumni Awards program is our most highly visible recognition platform,” said Dave Vitatoe, executive director of alumni relations. “Each new class of honorees allows our entire community to celebrate all that our University does well, namely producing graduates who excel in leadership in service to others.”
The Alumni Medal is the highest award given annually by the John Carroll University Alumni Association. It recognizes an individual’s accomplishments in their profession, contributions to their community, exemplary family and personal life, and dedicated service to John Carroll University post-graduation.
Please join John Carroll in congratulating these individuals not only for receiving their respective awards, but for consistently showing a commitment to spreading the values of John Carroll University, even following graduation.