The Facilities Planning sub-committee is comprised of a cross-section of university faculty and staff who serve as a sub-committee of the University Space committee. This committee provides space utilization and condition metrics for offices, conference rooms, classroom/lab spaces, residence halls, and public spaces. The committee makes recommendations for allocations of University space by:
- Advising on the adequacy, condition, and use of existing space and facilities
- Identifying options for space efficiency to meet University and academic program priorities
- Making recommendations for space available to meet presented needs
- Accessing and providing evaluation of the suitability of requested space based upon current space utilization, adjacencies, cost information, and other data
- Conducting yearly audits of Furniture Fixture & Equipment and Finishes, capital renewal needs, and making recommendations thereon
- Establishing standards for classroom, lab, and office size by type and occupants
This sub-committee is also referenced as the FP Space Committee.