The Division of Student Affairs contributes to the achievement of this mission by providing excellent services that support students’ needs and engaging programs that enrich students’ learning about themselves and others.
With this focus, we recognize that there are opportunities for learning everywhere: in the classroom or library, across the city or around the globe, in the residence halls, on the playing field, in reflective solitude, or in interactions with others of different backgrounds and experiences. Campus life at John Carroll is full of opportunities to get involved, including our residential living-learning communities, intramural and club sports, vocal and instrumental groups, fraternities and sororities as well as more than 90 student organizations.
You are sure to find a few that capture your interests, and we encourage you to get involved with them! As you do so, we challenge you to develop your unique talents, to lead others with compassion and integrity, to engage with and celebrate diversity, and to contribute to the betterment of our community and of society.
The Division of Student Affairs at John Carroll University offers programs and services that foster the development of individuals of intellect and character who will lead and serve by engaging the world around them and around the globe.
Informed by the Jesuit, Catholic mission of the University, the Division of Student Affairs is committed to the development of students and the campus community by:
- Collaborating with others to foster a vibrant, engaged, diverse, and inclusive learning community outside of the classroom.
- Providing and facilitating services, programs, and opportunities for student learning and leadership development in the service of others.
- Challenging students to act with integrity and compassion and to reflect on the implications of their actions on individual, communal and global scales.
- Assessing and advocating for the needs and development of students.
- Strengthening the sense of community by fostering a campus climate that is inclusive and enhancing the overall safety, health, and spiritual well-being of all students.
- Fostering a more seamless and integrative learning environment through active collaboration with Academic Affairs and the design of programs that complement and contribute to shared learning outcomes related to diversity and inclusion, social responsibility, leadership and holistic development.
- Increasing student engagement by promoting purposeful involvement with peers, faculty, staff, administrators, and community members
- Supporting student success through the design and delivery of high quality services and programs.