Skip to main content

Spring 2022 Schedule

Wed, Feb 9 - Defeating Procrastination

Wed, Feb 23 - Focus and Concentration

Wed, March 16 - Developing a Four-Year Academic Plan

Wed, March 23 - Bouncing Back After a Bad Test Grade

Wed, April 6 - Stress and Wellness/Managing Sleep

Wed, April 20 - Preparing for  Finals

All workshops @ 7pm in AD 248 and on Zoom!

Check inside JCU or Instagram jcu_success for update and Zoom links.

Workshops on the Go!

Have an idea for a workshop for your student org or residence hall floor?  We can come to you!  Complete this form with what you need and we'll do the rest!

What can they do for you?

Advisors are faculty or staff who guide you from orientation to graduation and sometimes even later. You should consult with them to better understand the major you are pursuing, to choose the courses you take, and to evaluate internships and study abroad opportunities. If you are facing difficulties with courses, they can help you find solutions and connect you to the appropriate resources.

Academic Success Advisor

Success advising provides one-on-one meetings with an academic success advisor who can help you improve your study skills, set short-and-long-term goals, and reflect on academic and vocational plans. Get help with 5-day study plans, motivation, time management, note-taking, studying and reading strategies, goal setting, test anxiety, procrastination, and concentration. 

You can schedule meetings at any point during the academic year, but an optimal time to seek support is at the start of a semester. You can review syllabi, plan ahead, set goals, and devise course-specific strategies. Then you can receive assessment feedback in the middle of the semester. Your coach will help you prepare for finals and reflect on and revise academic skills for future coursework. To schedule an academic success appointment with an academic success advisor, please click this Handshake link.

Ed Mish Headshot
       Ed Mish, Academic Success Advisor
       Book Appointment



Lisa Ramsey Headshot
       Lisa Ramsey, M. Ed., Academic Success Advisor
       Book Appointment

For more information about peer success advising click here!

Looking for a bit of academic help or coaching? Wondering how to improve your study skills, time management, goal setting, or note-taking better this semester?

Our Peer Success Advisors (PSA's) can help you with your academic concerns and many others! Drop in the Mastrantoni Family Student Success Commons in Grasselli Library to meet with a Peer Success Advisor when the time is right for you.  The PSA office hours for spring 2022 are listed below: 

Mondays:  10 a.m. - 7 p.m.

Tuesdays:  10 a.m. - 11 a.m.; 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.; 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.

Wednesdays:  10 a.m. - 11 a.m.; 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.; 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.

Thursdays:  2 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Fridays:  10 a.m. - 1 p.m.; 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.


Meet the Peer Success Advisors:

M. Bohacek Headshot

Madison Bohacek - Hi! I'm Madison Bohacek. I am a junior who is double majoring in Cell & Molecular Biology and Theology & Religious Studies. I am grounded in my faith, I love to run, and I am a huge Harry Potter fan! 

S. Callaghan Headshot

Shannon Callaghan -  Hi, I'm Shannon! I'm a senior, and I love all things law and Star Wars! In my free time, you can find me doing wrongful convictions research, marathoning Mindhunter on Netflix, or desperately trying to not kill my plants.

A. Horner Headshot

Allison (Ali) Horner - My name is Ali Horner, and I am a junior majoring in classical languages.  I grew up in Medina, Ohio and when I am not working on academics, I enjoy knitting, playing board games, and painting.  I am a member of the Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity. 

A. McQueen Headshot

Aislyn McQueen - Hi my name is Aislyn McQueen and I'm a junior Sociology/Criminology and Political Science majors. I am on the softball team for John Carroll and I play third base. My favorite thing to do in my free time is to watch sports, especially the Bills. I love spending time with friends, listening to music, cooking, and working out.

A. Okuley Headshot

Adam Okuley - My name is Adam Okuley and I am a junior from Sylvania, Ohio.  Currently, I am a Sport Studies and Business Undecided double major, with minors in Spanish and Leadership Development.  I am also a Leadership Scholar and involved in the Student Organization Budgeting Board, Labre Junior Core, and am on the Club Sailing Team.

Spring 2022 Deadlines

Course add/drop - January 18 - 24

Midterm grades due by 3pm - March 16

Summer and Fall 2022 Priority Registration begins - March 21, 2022

Course withdrawal deadline - April 12

Final Exams - May 9 - 13

Spring 2002 Breaks

Spring Break - March 6 - 12

Easter Break - No Classes April 14 - 18

Full calendar of dates and deadlines can be found at the Office of the Registrar's page.


Boler College of Business Undergraduate Advising

Advising resources specifically for students pursuing a degree in the Boler College of Business are available. Click here for more Boler Advising resources

Your Orientation Advisor

Your orientation advisor will answer your questions about the University core curriculum as well as about your intended major. This advisor will also help you select and register for your fall classes to make sure you are off to a good start!


Pre-major Advisor

From the time you enter the University until you declare and are accepted into your major (usually spring of sophomore year), your pre-major advisor will provide guidance and support. Look to this advisor for help in deciding classes, referrals to campus resources, and direction with your overall academic plan! If your intended major changes, you will be assigned to a new pre-major advisor to help you.


Major Advisor

When you declare your major, you will be assigned to a major advisor who will guide you to graduation and assist you in your post-graduation career choices.

Pre-Health Advisor

The assistant dean of health programs and JCU’s physician-in-residence are available to mentor and assist students interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare sector and to prepare them for the admission exams for professional schools. Further, JCU offers a course, Survey of the Health Professions, designed to familiarize students with the wide array of professions within healthcare, the educational requirements for entering these professions, and the ability to meet admissions officers from the professional schools along with those who are students or professional practitioners in the various fields.

Pre-Law Advisor

A JCU pre-law Advisor assists students interested in a law career on class scheduling, LSAT preparation, and general law school queries for both traditional law school programs and for the 3+3 Dual Admission in Law Program. The 3+3 Dual Admission in Law Program is a partnership between John Carroll University and Case Western Reserve University School of Law that offers students a means of obtaining both a bachelor’s and Juris Doctor degree in six years.


Click here for more Academic Support Services

Academic advising is central to the student experience at John Carroll. Whether pursuing internships or registering for classes, you can turn to your advisor for help. Advisors can refer you to appropriate on- and off-campus resources, assist in academic planning, and provide career development support. 

From summer orientation through graduation students will have the support and help from an advisor.  Once you have declared your major, you will work with an advisor in your major field of study every semester while a student at JCU.