Please join us in congratulating our DEI Champions for the 2021-2022 academic year!
Blue Badges (Level 1):
Administrative Assistant, Office of University Mission and Identity
Rebecca Drenovsky, Ph.D.
Dean of the Graduate School
Joanna Garcia, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Dept. of Accountancy
Assistant Director for Student Development, Center for Service and Social Action
DEI Champion Badges are awarded at three levels of participation:
- BLUE badges = 100 points
- GOLD badges = 300 points
- MOSAIC badges = 500 points
Participants receive their badge as soon as they have earned the requisite number of points. Once participants earn a badge they are encouraged to include it in their JCU email signature and to list it as a professional recognition/award on their CV and annual performance evaluation. Badge earners will receive recognition on the DEI division website and during our year-end awards celebration.
After completing a point-earning activity, please log into the DEI Champions Canvas page and find that activity on the Modules page. Follow the directions listed there to request credit for the points you've earned. You can keep track of your running points total on Canvas to see how close you are to earning the next badge!
Participants can earn points towards their DEI Champion Badge by participating in programming, training, education, and strategic initiatives connected to our institution's DEI goals. All points must be earned between June 1, 2021 and May 31, 2022 in order to count towards the 2021-22 badge.
Here are a few examples of some things participants can do to earn DEI Champion points:
- Participate in a community book read
- Attend a DEI-focused program, training or workshop
- Attend a DEI-related social or community-building event
- Complete an online training module or workshop
- Subscribe/Refer others to subscribe to the RISE Up Newsletter
- Bring a new person to a DEI event
- Attend an external DEI event as a JCU representative
- Publish or present your expertise on a DEI-related topic
- Participate in university leadership/service on DEI issues
- and much more! See the full listing of opportunities on the DEI Champions Canvas page.
Yes! Departments or offices are eligible to earn department-level badges through collective efforts that can be added to a department's website. To inquire about signing your department up for the DEI Badge program as a unit, please contact email@example.com.
At the moment, only faculty and staff are eligible to participate in the DEI Champions program. However, we hope to roll out a similar program for students sometime soon!
Be the first to know when something new is available: subscribe to our R.I.S.E. Up Newsletter and never miss an important announcement!