Applications are currently CLOSED for the 2018-2019 academic year. Applications will be made available if funding is renewed.
If you have questions about the Mandel Grant application or review process, please contact Megan Wilson-Reitz at email@example.com or 216.397.4425.
The Mandel Foundation periodically awards funds to John Carroll University for the purpose of funding campus projects that advance diversity and inclusion on campus.
Funds are made available to all students, faculty, and staff who wish to organize programs to raise awareness about issues of diversity and inclusion, build respect for others, and create and promote a culture of inclusiveness. Programs funded by the Mandel Grants may be implemented in either the Fall or Spring Term.
Follow the links below to read about the many exciting projects this grant has supported in recent years!
- Mandel Grant Fund Report 2017-2018
- Mandel Grant Fund Report 2016-2017
- Mandel Grant Fund Report 2015-2016
- Mandel Grant Fund Report 2014-2015
Students, faculty, and staff as well as student organizations, departments, and offices are encouraged to submit grant proposals for creative and innovative activities and programs that will help further a climate of inclusiveness on the JCU campus.
Applicants must demonstrate how their program will help to promote the Strategic Plan for Inclusive Excellence.
What kind of programs receive Mandel funding?
Examples of programs that this grant may support may include, but are not limited to:
- Campus programs
- Outreach activities
- Cultural events
- Hosted discussion groups
- Student research projects
- On-campus training and development opportunities
- Cross-cultural dialogues
- Campus community events
Projects not generally supported by these grants include:*
- Individual travel to conferences or other events (student group travel may be supported, in certain limited circumstances)
- Faculty research
- Course development
*Additional limitations may be placed upon certain budget line items, at the committee’s discretion. This list should be considered as a helpful guide, not a statement of committee policy.
- Applications should be submitted in a timely manner. The committee reserves the right to refuse to consider applications submitted too close to the date of a proposed event.
- Applications must provide a clear, detailed description of the proposed project with specific, well-defined, and measurable goals.
- Proposals may be for any amount up to $4,000.
- Project activities must be completed before the close of the academic year.
- A final evaluation report, detailing the outcomes of the implemented project, is due within 30 days of project completion and by no later than May 31, 2020.
- Progress reports on a funded project may be requested at any time. If requested, they must be provided in a timely manner.
- Applications may be submitted online at this link. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year until all funds have been allocated.
Awards will be granted after review by the Mandel Grant Review Committee. Questions about the grant process should be directed to the committee’s administrative coordinator, Megan Wilson-Reitz, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials submitted in this form are compiled to produce documentation of good stewardship of this grant fund, including our annual report to the Mandel Foundation.
Use this form to submit your final report on your completed Mandel grant project. If you need to save an incomplete version of this form and return to it later, you can choose "save and continue" in order to retrieve it at a later date for completion. If you have any questions about the use of this form, please contact Megan Wilson-Reitz at 216.397.4425.