Skip to main content

Students who have been absent from the University and do not have a valid or current Leave of Absence Form on file must formally apply for readmission to John Carroll University.

To apply, students should complete and submit the Application for Readmission. Students who have attended other colleges or universities are required to supply the following:

  • Official transcripts from each school attended. Official transcripts must be mailed directly to John Carroll from each college or university. Failure to report collegiate level attendance at any institution will make a student liable for immediate dismissal.
  • Completed Transfer Reference Form.

All readmission students are held to degree and curricular requirements in force at the time of their readmission to the University unless they are granted special approval by Academic Advising.

Readmission after Dismissal

Students under notice of dismissal from the University are ineligible to return until the lapse of one semester and one summer. Students who wish to be considered for readmission after the expiration of this time period must submit the Application for Readmission. (submission at least one month prior to semester start is recommended)

It is strongly recommended that students who were dismissed from JCU take classes elsewhere before returning to JCU. Students who have attended other colleges or universities after dismissal from John Carroll must present official transcripts from all other institutions attended in addition to a completed Transfer Reference Form. This readmission process can take several weeks so petitions for readmission should be submitted at least one month prior to registration.

If a student has been dismissed from John Carroll University twice, they are ineligible to return.

For successfully readmitted students
Submit your enrollment reservation form and deposit! All instructions are located in your readmission letter and checklist.

Students walking on campus

Students Who Submitted a Leave of Absence Form

Students who have submitted a Leave of Absence Form upon their separation from John Carroll University are eligible for reactivation and do not need to complete a readmission application. If you have questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar.