|On-Campus Student||Commuter Student|
|Tuition: $41,230||Tuition: $41,230|
|Room and Board: $12,232*||Room and Board: $0|
|Fees: $1,680||Fees: $1,680|
|Total: $55,142||Total: $42,910|
*Room and board rates will vary based on the building, room type and amenities, and meal plan chosen.
Amounts listed below are annual rates unless otherwise noted.
Standard Double Room: $6,736
Triple Room: $5,290
Single Room: $7,550
14 Meals Per Week + $100 Dining Dollars: $5,496
175 Meals Per Semester + $150 Dining Dollars: $5,496
125 Meals Per Semester + $300 Dining Dollars: $5,496
Board Premium Options
Unlimited Meals + $100 Dining Dollars: $6,350
250 Meals Per Semester + $100 Dining Dollars: $5,820
48 Meals Per Semester + $100 Dining Dollars: $585 (per semester)
About our Fees:
- The Student Activity Fee (SAF) provides for numerous activities that directly benefit students, including programs, services, student facility improvements, and events. These activities enrich the student experience, build community, and encourage students to live out the Jesuit mission to lead and serve.
- The Student Technology Fee is assessed to provide support for, and an overall awareness of, the broad IT environment provided by the University. This means that the technology fee helps contribute to the purchase, implementation, staffing, and support of information technology that directly benefits students and the overall technology-enabled academic learning environment. The technology fee funds support the Canvas learning management system, the wireless campus, the services help desk to troubleshoot/repair student-owned PCs, the campus computer labs with over 600 workstations, the A/V equipment in the classrooms, Internet connectivity, and printing services.
- The Student Health & Wellness Fee provides students with Health Center services including nursing care, over-the-counter medicine, medical supplies, and free consultations with a licensed nutritionist. The fee also supports the University Counseling Center, Health Education and Promotion programming, and the Office of Student Accessibility Services.
- The Health and Wellness Fee, which is collected from all full-time undergraduate students, partially supports the services of the Student Health and Wellness Center, the University Counseling Center, and Student Accessibility Services.
- The Health and Wellness Center provides nursing care, over-the-counter medicines, medical supplies, free consultation with a Licensed Nutritionist and various campus programs and clinics. The fee does not cover medical visits with our physicians. Click here for complete information about services.
- The Coordinator for Health Promotion and Wellness provides health education and promotes healthy lifestyles through prevention programming, marketing and campus activities. Click here for complete information about services.
- The University Counseling Center provides counselors and a psychiatrist who meet with students seeking help on an individual basis and provide outreach programming to the campus community at no additional cost to the student. Click here for complete information about services.
- Student Accessibility Services provides accommodations and support for students with disabilities, in order that they have the opportunity to competitively pursue their college education. Click here for complete information of services. The fee also supports costs associated with creating, promoting and maintaining a healthy campus environment for all members of the community.
- See a more detailed breakdown of the 2019-2020 Cost of Attendance for Undergraduate Students.
- See a more detailed breakdown of the 2018-2019 Cost of Attendance for Undergraduate Students.
2019-2020 Graduate School Tuition per Credit Hour
Boler College of Business: $930
College of Arts & Sciences: $755
- To see a more detailed breakdown of the 2019-2020 Cost of Attendance for Graduate Students, click here.
The number of credit hours you are registered for determines your enrollment status. Click here to learn more.
On-Campus StudentCommuter Student
Student Activity Fee $540
Student Technology Fee $780
Student Health & Wellness Fee $360
International Student Fee $1,500
Total Tuition and Fees $44,410
Standard Double Room* $6,736
Standard Board** $5,496
Total Direct Expenses $56,642
*JCU differentiates room pricing based on amenities provided within each residence hall.
Halls with additional amenities will be priced higher than the Standard Double Room rate.
**Premium board options are available at an additional cost. Costs are locked in for one full academic year; slight tuition increases in succeeding years may occur.
Additional expenses to consider but are not billed directly by JCU:
• Travel: $3,200
• Insurance: $450
• Personal Expenses: $2,000
• Food at Breaks: $100
• Housing at Winter Break: $300
• Winter Clothing: $200
• Books and Supplies: $1,250
*A one-time New Student Orientation Fee of $725 will also be added to the total cost for all full-time undergraduate students their first year at the University.