It is easy and free to apply to John Carroll University! Just follow these steps:
- Complete our online application.
- Arrange to have complete credentials sent directly to the Office of Admission. Complete credentials include:
- A Transfer Reference Form from your current school (or school most recently attended).
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts must be mailed or emailed directly to John Carroll from each college or university (we are unable to accept hand-delivered transcripts). Failure to report collegiate level attendance at any institution will make a student liable for immediate dismissal. Official transcripts can be sent c/o Janet Mirka to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores must be submitted only for applicants who have completed fewer than 24 semester hours at a college or university.
- If necessary, arrange to have official scores of any AP, IB, or CLEP test results sent to the Office of Admission.
Please have all documents sent to the following address:
John Carroll University Enrollment Division
1 John Carroll Boulevard
University Heights, OH 44118
email@example.com | c/o Janet Mirka
Application review is done on a rolling basis. Once all required information is received, a student should have an admission decision within three to four weeks.
If you are applying for the fall semester, application files will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in the preceding February.
If you are applying for the spring semester, application files will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in the preceding October.
Please know that the Admission Committee may delay making an admission decision in order to see a student’s current semester coursework. If this is the case, a request will be sent to the student asking them to send a copy of their transcript once the coursework is completed.
Financial Aid Awards
- Merit-based scholarships are awarded at the time of acceptance based on current GPA at time of application review.
- FAFSA forms must be forwarded to JCU in order to receive a complete financial aid award (JCU FAFSA code is 003050).
- Please know that the awarding of financial aid for prospective transfer students will begin in April for fall enrollment and late November for spring enrollment.