When you file a report about an incident of bias, you are actually doing several things at once:
- Helping us identify where and when bias is occurring on campus;
- Giving us the information we need to intervene in difficult or dangerous situations;
- Requesting immediate follow-up for situations where a quick response is needed, such as the removal of graffiti;
- Bringing the incident to the attention of senior administrators, making it visible and immediate;
- Ensuring that the incident is not forgotten or “covered up,” recording it in a formal database that records the frequency of incidents of bias over time and across campus;
- Making it possible for us to structure campus programming, awareness campaigns, and other projects to target the most important issues being faced by our community members;
- Standing in solidarity with all those who face bias;
- Speaking up for inclusion, dignity, and respect in our campus climate.
Click here to describe and report an incident of bias.
Page updated August 16, 2016