Program Costs for academic year 2019-2020
Directly billed by John Carroll University
- Tuition : $ 20,615
- Administrative Fee: $1000
Total Billed: $ 21,615
Estimated indirect costs (not billed by John Carroll University)
- Room: $1500
- Housing Deposit (refundable): $370
- Housing Application Fee: $26
- Internet Access: $47
- Board: $700 (Meal plans are available – 10 meals for 30 Euros)
- Health Insurance: $263 (203 Euro), additional insurance for extended stays is available for $40/month through CISI
- Transportation: $1300
- Textbooks: $300
- Personal Expenses: $4500
- Visa: $140
- Campus France Fee: $190
- Total Indirect costs: $9,375
Total Semester budget: $ 30,990
Housing arrangements are made through the International Relations Office at ICES. Most students will live in apartments near campus. There is a housing stipend from the French government, which is available to JCU students and must be applied for after arrival at ICES. This stipend covers up to 40% of the cost of housing.
Students are eligible to use all John Carroll University financial aid, with the exception of work-study. Additional scholarship fundsmay be available from external sources.
The deadline for applications to study abroad for Fall Semester is March 1, and for Spring Semester is October 1.
- CampusFrance: valuable information about studying abroad in France. This site is also the starting point in applying for a student visa.
- Wikipedia Entry for ICES
- Wikipedia Entry for La Roche sur Yon
- Wikipedia Entry for France
- Department of State travel information for France
- CIA World Factbook entry for France
- Centers for Disease Control entry for France