All majors are required to pass the Major Field Test (MFT) in order to receive a degree with a major in Psychology. The MFT can only be taken in the semester in which the student graduates. For students graduating in Fall Semester, the test is typically given in the third week of September. For students graduating in the Spring semester, the test is given in the first or second week of February.
- The Fall 2019 test date is Friday, October 1
- The Spring 2020 test date is Friday, February 7
- Register for the MFT
The Psychology MFT assesses four major domains of the discipline, all of which are covered in the John Carroll University psychology major:
- Learning & Cognition: Language, Memory, and Thinking: maps onto the “Group D” requirement in the major.
- Perception, Sensory, Physiology, Comparative and Ethology: maps onto “Group A”
- Clinical, Abnormal, and Personality: maps onto “Group C”
- Developmental and Social: maps onto “Group B”
There is also an overall score, which is a composite score from all subtests.