Even if you have submitted an application to the IRB in the past, please download a NEW form, template, or guideline with each new application. Our forms and other documents are often modified and updated as needed to comply with federal regulations and best practices.
IMPORTANT! Users must use Adobe Acrobat Reader whenever they read, edit, or submit any of our PDF forms!
- IMPORTANT! Before you begin, download and SAVE the form to your computer. It will be a PDF.
- Open the blank form in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Need Adobe Reader? Download it here: https://get.adobe.com/reader
- If you are using a JCU-owned desktop computer, Adobe Acrobat Reader can be found under the Start Menu.
- Using “Save As”, please give your application a unique name using the Principal Investigator’s name such as EmmaResearcher_IRB_Application.pdf.
- Always open, edit, and save your form in Adobe Reader. We have found that other PDF viewers do not work and will corrupt your file.
- Supporting documents can be attached in .doc, .pdf, .jpg, or any other common file format.
- The PI should submit the completed form by attaching it to an email and sending it to IRB@jcu.edu
A line-by-line tutorial for downloading and completing the IRB Application form is found here: IRB Application Directions
Other IRB Forms:
Templates: JCU Sample Consent/Assent Documents
JCU IRB Guidance & Policy
For IRB Members’ Use ONLY