- 2018 | Sean Freeman ’19, Maura Wallace ’20
- 2017 | William M. DiPasquale ’18, Leanne Tang ’19
- 2016 | Marina Giannirakis ’17, Robin Goist ’18
- 2015 | Patrick Vecellio ’16, Annmarie Kirchner ’17
- 2014 | Courtney Radtkin ’15, Katie Coffey ’15, Grace Donnelly ’16
- 2013 | Alyssa Giannirakis ’14, Ned Barnes ’15, Michael Gong ’15
- 2012 | McKenzae Bartels ’14, Maggie Hutchison ’14, Julia Blanchard ’14
- 2011 | Catherine Distelrath ’12, Jeffrey Hatgas ’12, Jillian Dunn ’13
- 2010 | Daniel Fitzmaurice ’11, Thomas Coast ’12
- 2009 | Natalie Terry ’10, Kevin Henderson ’11
- 1999 | Chris Kerr ’00, Trena Marks ’00, Patrick Corrigan ’01
- 1998 | David Birchok ’99, Patrick Scanlan ’00, Brian Sinchak ’00
- 1997 | Grant Mast ’98, Melanie Shakarian ’98, Julie Thorud ’99
- 1996 | David Roth ’97, Penny Roxas ’98, Valerie Williams ’98
Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 Campion Service Award! See below for how you can apply today!
The George B. Sweeney Endowed Campion Award for Service is available to full-time, enrolled, sophomore and junior students who are in good academic standing (a GPA of 2.0 or higher) and good University standing. All candidates meeting the required conditions of the award are eligible for consideration.
Candidates should have a strong background in the following (1) record of involvement in community service and social action, (2) involvement/dedication to a faith tradition and/or spirituality, and (3) strong evidence of leadership potential.
Awardees will be selected by a committee composed of the Director of the Center for Service and Social Action and other JCU faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Demonstrated commitment to service and social action
- Involvement in/dedication to a faith tradition and/or spirituality
- Leadership ability/potential
- Sophomore (having completed 25-54 hours and are in their third semester or more at JCU) or Junior (having completed 55-85 hours) in good academic standing
- Letters of recommendation from two references
- Complete an application form
- Provide two references who have knowledge of your service activities. Those references should be full-time JCU faculty or staff, or people who are familiar with your leadership role in a campus or community organization. Fellow students may NOT serve as references. Please distribute this reference form to these individuals and provide their information below. Please have letters sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of support from agency-based service supervisors are appreciated, but not necessary. Please ask the supervisor to send the recommendation directly to email@example.com.
NOTE: The award is not intended to reduce existing institutional aid already awarded. However, if the student is a recipient of Federal funds, regulations may require John Carroll University to alter a student’s self-help aid such as loans or work study. In rare cases, student aid may be limited to the total cost of education.