The Committee is responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Provost’s office to ensure ongoing systems of academic assessment, including:
- Review of reports of programmatic assessment of student learning;
- Advising and assisting the Core committee in planning and carrying out assessment of the University’s general education programs;
- Implement and maintain processes for assessment of student learning at the institutional level;
- Recommendation of changes and modifications in institutional assessment processes.
- Reporting to various stakeholders and constituencies the findings of the assessment program and their implications for maintaining and improving the quality of undergraduate and graduate instruction.
- Advising faculty, departments, divisions, and colleges on assessment procedures and methods.
- Recommending to and collaborating with the Assessment Director to provide assessment workshops and seminars for faculty.
- Director of Assessment: Todd Bruce (current chair)
- Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning: position currently vacant
- Assessment Committee (Boler College of Business): position currently vacant
- Department of Education and School Psychology: Yi Shang (faculty)
- Integrative Core Committee: position currently vacant
- Student Affairs: Lisa Brown Cornelius
Faculty Representatives (elected at-large by faculty)
- Sharon Kaye, Department of Philosophy (term ends in 2023)
- Maria Marsilli-Cardozo, Department of History (term ends in 2022)
- Mary Beadle, Professor in the Tim Russert Department of Communication and Theatre (term ends 2021)
Staff Representative (selected by Staff Council)
- Angela Kreuger (Associate Registrar, selected by Staff Council)
- Alisha Lambert (graduate student representative)
- Megan Agresta, ’22 (undergraduate student representative)
- Tommy Wild, '22 (undergraduate student representative)
The committee typically elects its chair at the first spring meeting each year.
|December 17, 2014||Minutes||Presentation|
|March 9, 2015||Minutes||Presentation|
|November 18, 2015||Minutes|
|February 22, 2016||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 22, 2016||Minutes|
|October 20, 2016||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 29, 2016||Minutes|
|February 16, 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 1, 2017||Minutes|
|October 9, 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|December 8, 2017||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 1, 2018||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 10, 2018||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 17, 2018||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 26, 2018||Agenda||Minutes|
John Carroll University participated in the Higher Learning Commission’s Academy for the Assessment of Student Learning from June 2015 through June 2019. This page serves a repository for some of our materials.
- Results Forum poster
- sample Leadership dashboard
- sample Service dashboard
- sample Character dashboard
- sample intellect dashboard
- The University Learning Goals in Action
- Interactive Mapping Dashboard
More documents follow: