Executive Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving
Dave is a native of Akron, Ohio and graduated from John Carroll University in 2000 with a bachelor’s degree in communications. As a student, he was an All-American football player for the Blue Streaks and four-year starter from 1997-2000. Just over a decade after graduation, Dave returned to JCU as director of alumni relations and was promoted in 2014 to executive director. He also holds a master’s degree in education from Xavier University (2003) and MBA from the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University (2012).
As executive director, Dave leads a dynamic and talented staff dedicated to offering creative, helpful and meaningful programming for the over 40,000 JCU alumni worldwide. Since 2011, the alumni office has established numerous award-winning programs like the Alumni Business Directory, the regional chapter program, Onward (alumni newsletter), the Alumni Travel Program, John Carroll Mentoring Network and Alumni Continuing Education Series (A.C.E.S.).
Read Dave’s article contribution to the AJCU website titled: Formation Beyond Graduation.
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Associate Director of Alumni Relations
Originally from Pepper Pike, Ohio, Eric is a graduate of Ohio Wesleyan (BA) and the College of William and Mary (M.Ed.). Eric has worked within various areas within higher education since 2001, when he started working for Beta Theta Pi. He is a ‘museum junkie” and enjoys Cleveland sports. Eric joined Alumni Relations in 2011.
- Manage and oversee the John Carroll University Alumni Chapter and the Alumni Chapter Book Award Programs
- Coordinate John Carroll University Alumni Life Long Learning initiatives, including the Alumni Continuing Education Series (A.C.E.S.)
- Organize and support the Gold Streaks Affinity Group (alumni of JCU who graduated at least 50 years ago) and their on and off campus programming
Alumni Engagement Assistant
Chelsea is a native of Toledo, Ohio, but moved to Cleveland in 2010 for her undergraduate years at Carroll, receiving a bachelor’s in Integrated Marketing and Communications 2014 and her MA in Communication Management in 2016. During that time, she was involved in the Student Union Programming Board, the Boler Honduras Project, and Chi Omega fraternity. Chelsea has a background in event planning and social media management. When she’s not at JCU, Chelsea can be found baking cookies at home or exploring hidden gems in Cleveland.
Duties include :
- Manage John Carroll Regional Alumni Chapters
- Support in the planning and execution of Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Organize programming for the Graduates of the Last Decade
- Manage the content of the Alumni & Friends website, email promotions and social media accounts for the Office Alumni Relations