The major and minor applications are accessed via the Student Profile. Students in their first semester at John Carroll are not eligible to declare their major or minor and must use the Update Academic Interests/Intended Major/Minor form to change their intended area of interest.
Students who are eligible to declare a major or minor can access the application form by logging into their Student Profile and following the instructions below:
- Click on the four small squares (i.e., waffle) in the top left-hand corner next to "Ellucian".
- Select Banner.
- Select "Registration and Academic Services".
- Select the appropriate link to declare your primary or secondary major, or minor.
*Students are reminded that they must first declare a primary major before declaring a minor.
*Students are reminded that in order to remove any previously declared majors or minors on their record, the Request to Remove Major, Minor, or Concentration form (linked below) must be completed and forwarded to the academic department for removal approval. The submission of a new major or minor form does not supersede any previously declared academic information.
Update Student Record Forms:
Transfer Credit Information:
- Transfer Course Equivalencies as of 11.5.2020 – Click the filter icon in the top-left corner to search by institution.
- Students are also strongly encouraged to meet with their advisors about taking courses at other schools.
- Transfer course equivalencies are reviewed every 4 years for relevancy. Please check the effective term in the equivalency table before registering.
- Students who want courses to transfer back to JCU differently than they are currently approved will need to submit a petition through the academic petitioning process – The Academic Petition form can be accessed through Banner under the Student Profile.
- Note: Students who want to transfer a course approved as equivalent to a JCU’s pair of laboratory and lecture courses but already have JCU credits for one component of the pair will receive credits only for the missing component of the pair of courses. That is, students who want to transfer a 4-credit course that is equivalent to a pair composed of a 3-credit lecture course and a 1-credit laboratory, but already have earned credits for the 3-credit lecture, will receive just one credit for the laboratory course.
- To complete the transfer credit process, students must request their official transcripts be sent directly from the institution to the Registrar's Office.
- Study Abroad Transfer Course Equivalencies as of 11.5.2020
- Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisors about taking courses while abroad.
- NOTE: Boler students studying abroad at non-AACSB/Boler approved schools may take only ONE course towards their major. Please see your advisor for the list of Boler-approved study abroad institutions.
- JCU Transient Student Form – Students should fill out this form with their advisor if the school where they will be taking a course requires written permission/approval.