The link below, LockDown Browser Installer for Windows and Mac (includes Respondus Monitor), is the only link that you should use to download LockDown Browser. The installer is preconfigured to work with JCU Canvas.
- LockDown Browser Installer for Windows and Mac (includes Respondus Monitor)
- How to update Lockdown Browser?
Test Taking Tips
- Select a location where you won't be interrupted
- Before starting the test, know how much time is available for it, and that you've allotted sufficient time to complete it
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc. and don't have them within reach
- Clear your area of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted
- To insert Special Characters use the icon at the top of the browser screen.
Training & Help
Faculty can enable Respondus LockDown Browser & Monitor for a Canvas Quiz by following the following directions:
- Make sure the quiz has been deployed in the Canvas course.
- From the Course Navigation in Canvas, select LockDown Browser.
- A list of quizzes in the course will be displayed.
- Quizzes will be labeled with Required/Not Required under the corresponding features that are turned on for that exam (LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor)
- To change the settings, select Settings from the context menu (down arrow) to the left of the quiz title and select the desired option.
See the guides below for more instructions and options.
- Instructor Quick Start Guide
- Allowing Specific External Websites
- Disabling Exam Exit until Submitted
- Reviewing Respondus Monitor Results
- Video: Learn how to prepare an exam
- Instructor Live Proctoring with LockDown Browser® Guide
- More Resources
Why a practice exam is important
- Ensure your first exam using LockDown Browser runs smoothly! Have students take an ungraded practice quiz that requires the use of LockDown Browser, before the graded exam occurs.
- Leave the quiz available for the duration of the course, with unlimited attempts, so students can access it again if they use a different computer.
- Register for a free training webinar on LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor.