Mission: The Center for Student Diversity & Inclusion develops programs to educate the entire campus community on issues of diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism. At the same time, we provide services and support for students from historically underrepresented populations.
Vision: The Center nurtures a sense of belonging for students from diverse backgrounds and encourages them to participate actively in their curricular and co-curricular learning, including campus and community organizations, leadership opportunities, and intercultural experiences. In collaboration with other University departments, the Center coordinates programs and services that foster an inclusive campus environment, promote a welcoming and just University community, and encourage and value the contributions and perspectives of all students.
- To provide campus-wide programs that further all students’ development of cultural competence and respect for diversity and social justice.
- To develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services that support historically underrepresented students in their personal development and transition throughout their John Carroll University experiences.
- To provide leadership opportunities for underrepresented students that focus on engagement in campus and community organizations.
- To identify, examine, and recommend organizational changes that remove barriers to inclusion and promote student success.
Set up a time with one of our staff:
Salomon Rodezno: https://calendly.com/srodezno
Dr. Aaryn Green: https://calendly.com/axgreen
Selen Zarrelli: https://calendly.com/azarrelli
Angela Aviquivil: https://calendly.com/aaviquivil
We are located in Suite 202 in the D.J. Lombardo Student Center, above the University Bookstore.
Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook: @jcucsdi
Meeting ID: 922 1344 3019
- November 5th @ 11:30 am EST
- November 10th @ 11:30 am EST
- November 20th @ 5 pm EST
- December 1st @ 11:30 am EST
- December 9th @ 2 pm EST - End of the semester
CSDI advises 13 cultural student organizations.
- Black Students in Action
- Asian Pop Culture
- Le Cercle Francais
- LGBTQIA+ Allies
- Latin America Student Association (LASA)
- Middle Eastern Student Association (MESA)
- Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS)
- Muslim Student Society (MSS)
- Italian Club
- Club for the Inclusiveness of Students with Disabilities
- South Asian Student Association
- Women in STEM
See the virtual recording from our 2020 Multicultural Welcome Celebration!
- Video Passcode: JW8sL!y#
Save the Date for our Multicultural Recognition Program.
May 6th, 2021 Thursday at 6:30 pm
Click Here to learn more about our events and programs.
- Paying for College
- Food Assistance
- Mindfulness Exercises for Wellness
- Learning Commons
- Writing Center
- Legal Resources
Click Here to learn more about these topics,
Additional questions, concerns and student service requests you may have, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Want Help Transitioning to JCU?
The goal of MELT is to contribute to the advancement of first-year students by aiding in their academic, emotional, and social adjustment, and personal development.