STEMM Professional Preparation Program
Students pursuing science and technology majors are eligible to apply for Choose Ohio First Scholarships. These awards of $4,095 are funded by a grant from the Ohio Department of Higher Education and John Carroll University through our STEMM Professional Preparation Program and may be used in addition to any other sources of financial aid.
Eligibility for Incoming Freshman:
Applicants must be residents of Ohio; accepted as an undergraduate student; have a current FAFSA on file; and interest in any of these majors:
- Data Science
- Exercise Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Psychology with a Neuroscience Concentration
Competitive incoming freshmen applicants will have a minimum 3.5 high school overall grade point average.
- Financial support and connections to faculty and peer mentors.
- Activities and advising that will help you develop the potential to conduct research at JCU and beyond.
- Unique opportunities to engage in research early in your studies.
- Training in professional development and entrepreneurship.
S-STEM MIRRORS Scholars at John Carroll University
Transfer students to John Carroll University who are pursuing science and technology majors may now apply for Molding Identity & Raising Retention through Opportunities for Reflection In STEM (MIRRORS) scholarships. These scholarships, funded from the National Science Foundation’s Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S-STEM) program, will provide up to $4,000 per year to low-income transfer students with demonstrated financial need and academic promise to succeed in STEM disciplines at JCU. Scholarships are renewable for students who continue to meet eligibility requirements.